Monday, September 29, 2008

Ballad of the Hot Beef Sundae

A couple of weekends ago, I went with my friend Meg (see milking parlor pic) to the sad, sad Tennessee State Fair. We heard somewhere it was the 49th worst state fair or something and I can't imagine which one is worse. There was lots to blog about and I might dole out a few stories over the next few days so that it's not one loooong post but I'll start with the Hot Beef Sundae.

Mmmmm! Pot roast with a scoop of mashed potatoes and then gravy and cheese and a cherry tomato. I'd eat it again, no problem. It would have been better if it hadn't been 90 degrees outside, but sometimes you just have to throw yourself on a sword, you know? We washed this down with a fried Goo Goo Cluster.

And then we died. Good thing Jesus was right next door to resurrect us...but more on that tomorrow.



No comments: